Last revised 10/24/2022
Juniper® programs provide education, appropriate exercise for maintaining and improving strength, flexibility and endurance, and self-care strategies to help people experience improved wellness and quality of life. They are developed and verified by researchers to prevent falls, prevent and manage diabetes, and promote the management of health conditions such as chronic pain, COPD, high blood pressure, and arthritis. Juniper® services can include the support of a Community Health Worker (CHW) and/or a similar Navigator role. The Navigator can assist users with healthcare and social care navigation and connections to local resources. The navigation services can be used in combination with Juniper® programs or alone.
Information we collect
A. Personal Information
For the purposes of this Policy, “personal information” is any information that identifies, relates to, or can be used to contact a particular individual. The types of personal information we receive includes the following categories.
- Contact information – first name, last name, email address, physical address, billing address, and telephone number.
- User account information – username, account password, email address, and other information that we may request or that you may provide relating to your user account.
- Transactional information – details about your transactions with us, including classes attended, donations received, payment details, referrals made, and other information relating to your use of our Programs.
- Marketing information – details regarding informational and promotional materials you may have requested or received from us, the Programs in which you are interested, and information on your marketing or communication preferences.
- Communication and survey information – copies of communications and inquiries you have submitted to us, including through email, calls, and features available through our Programs, and copies of survey responses to which you have consented.
- Device and usage information – details regarding how and when you use our Programs, including the device used to connect to our website or other Programs, your IP address and device identifier, the frequency and duration of your usage, the pages you view, what websites or search terms referred you to our website, and information about your interaction with our Programs.
We collect this information when you visit or navigate our Site, fill in forms on our Site, schedule appointments or make payments on the Site, communicate with us using functionality on the Site, or otherwise provide us with personal information through the Site.
Please note that we may aggregate or anonymize the foregoing types of information such that they are no longer capable of identifying you, in which case they are no longer considered “personal information.” We may also collect information about you from third-party sources and information about you that is publicly available.
B. Automatically Collected Usage and Device Information
Like most websites, our Programs use various technologies to automatically collect information about visitors. Those technologies include:
- Log Files and Device Identifiers. We use log files to track actions occurring on the Programs and collect data about visitors, including IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, date/time stamps, and device identifiers.
- Web beacons and other technologies. Our Programs may use other tracking tools, including web beacons (also known as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs), which are small electronic images embedded in content and email messages that are not ordinarily visible to users. Web beacons allow us to track pages and content accessed and viewed by users, as well as to monitor email readership.
The information collected through these technologies may be combined with personal information or aggregated with other information on Site visits. We may share information about your use of our Site with our advertising and analytics partners, who may combine it with other information that you previously provided to them.
C. Information from Other Sources
We may obtain both personal and non-personal information about you from healthcare partners, service providers, and other third parties and add it to other information we have collected. We, and third parties we engage, may combine information we collect from you over time, and across the website or other Programs, with information obtained from other sources. This helps us improve the information’s overall accuracy and completeness, and also helps us better tailor our interactions with you.
Use and Disclosure of the Information
We use your personal information to provide the Programs. Specific uses include the following:
- Negotiating, entering into, and managing our business relationship you and providing customer support in connection with the Programs.
- Providing and optimizing your experience on our website and ensuring that our content is presented to you in the most effective manner.
- Communicating with you, sending you surveys, and responding to your inquiries and communicating regarding our Programs, and other issues.
- Sending you promotional or informational communications and solicitations, engaging in marketing and advertising, tracking your marketing preferences, and for our internal marketing purposes.
- Developing, updating, and improving our Programs, customer service, and customer experience, and otherwise improving our knowledge and insights regarding customers.
- Enforcing our agreements with customers, complying with our legal or regulatory obligations, and defending or advancing legal claims.
- Notifying you about changes to our Programs or this Policy.
- Performing other functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection or to which you otherwise consent.
This personal information you provide us will be shared with certain third party technology services providers as necessary to provide the Programs functionality. Third party technology services providers include software development, application and data hosting, wireless network services providers, and payment processing agents.
Juniper may also share your personal information with your “related source” which may include your healthcare provider or health plan when such related source refers you to our Programs or pays for your Programs. If you elect to participate in surveys and/or healthcare-related questions related to your use of the Programs, we will share this information with the related source that referred you to our Programs. In addition to the sharing of such personal information, Juniper may also disclose information related to your use of the Programs to such related source.
We use the Usage Information to analyze and evaluate the features and functionality of the Programs.
Data security is implemented through physical, administrative, and technical safeguards we put in place and operational procedures we follow to protect personal information. We protect your transactions involving personal information over the Internet using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology. We restrict access to your personal information in our database to our authorized employees, our agents, and certain of our authorized partners. Please be aware, however, that no data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure. While we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot ensure or warranty the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk.
The Programs are not intended for use by children under the age of 18. We will not knowingly collect any personal information from users under the age of 18 online through our website or user accounts. If you think that we have collected personal information from a visitor under the age of 18, please contact us. Should we discover that an individual under the appropriate age provided his or her personal information, we will use that information only to respond to that individual and inform them that we must have parental consent before receiving such information.
Links to Third-Party Websites
Our Programs may contain links to third-party websites. Such websites have separate privacy policies that you should review. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for the content of linked websites or those companies’ data-handling practices.
Choices About Your Personal Information
We respect your right to make choices about the ways we collect, use, and disclose your information. We try to offer you meaningful choices regarding your personal information. Some choices you have regarding personal information include the following.
- Marketing Emails – As required by applicable laws, you can opt-out of receiving promotional emails from us by clicking the “opt out” link in any such promotional emails and following the instructions provided.
- Cookies – Depending on your browser or device, you may have the option to set the browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, notify you when a cookie is set, or delete cookies. Each browser and device are different, so we recommend you evaluate the tools and settings available in your browser or device, as well as any available instructions for the same. Please note that if you disable or delete cookies, you may not be able to access or use certain features of the website.
- Google Analytics – As discussed above, we use Google Analytics in connection with the website. If you would like to refrain from having your data collected by Google Analytics, Google has developed an opt-out browser that you can use. You can find more information on how Google uses information it collects here.
- Interest-Based Advertising – To opt-out of personalized or interest-based advertisements, you may be able to adjust the settings on your device. Please go to your device settings and opt-out through the controls provided through Google/Android or iOS, as applicable. Each operating system, iOS for Apple phones, Android for Android devices and Windows for Microsoft devices, has its own instructions on how to prevent the delivery of interest-based advertisements. (We cannot guarantee that these instructions will not change, or that they will continue to be available; they are controlled by each mobile platform, not us.). For any other devices and/or operating systems, please visit the privacy settings for the applicable device or contact the applicable platform operator. You can also visit https://optout.aboutads.info to opt out of interest-based advertisements.
- Declining to Provide Information – You can choose not to provide us with information we may request through our Programs, but that may result in you being unable to use certain features of our Programs, request information about our Services, or initiate other transactions with us.
- Do Not Track Mechanisms – Please note thatour website does not honor “Do Not Track” signals, and such signals will not impact the operation of this website.
In addition to the above, you may contact us using the details provided at the end of this Policy with any questions about the choices relating to your personal information.